I’ve been toying with the thought of a blog for a while now, thanks to some pesky friends. The mind is cluttered and craves an outlet. And I got the idea for a first post reading this and this (both are written by friends I met on Twitter in the last two years).
So here goes the inaugural post:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Completed reading The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
No to both
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What places did you visit?
Delhi, Nasik, Madras, Pondicherry
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Lots of sleep and some peace of mind
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory and why?
February 28: Caught with a close friend in Delhi after four years
March 29: Watched Nero’s Guests and heard P Sainath speak
November 7: Cousin got me my first Bhai Dooj present
December 28: The father turned 50
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Was finally able to get rid of the junk I had been hanging on to for years
9. What was your biggest failure?
Was still too caught up in the past and too much procrastination
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Got my toe nail extracted
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Handbag from Colaba
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Cousin. He made up for all his meanness in the last few years.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed?
Fellow commuters on the train
14. Where did most of your money go?
Movies, plays and cheesecake
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Visiting Delhi in February
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Arziyaan from Delhi-6 and Baanwra Mann from Hazaaron Khwahishein Aisi
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Much happier. I smile more.
18. Thinner or fatter?
19. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Spoken to and met friends more often
Been less rude to the mother
Visited bookstores more often
20. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Procrastinate and watch TV
21. How will you be spending Christmas?
Delayed post. Returned to Bombay after a week-long vacation
22. Did you fall in love in 2010?
Yes, with the same set of people as the previous year
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
None. Only watch movies on TV
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
26. What was the best book you read?
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
Trip to Delhi
29. What did you want and not get?
Trip to Rajasthan
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Turned 25. Celebrated all weekend. Watched a performance of Hedda Gabler at Prithvi and Mani Ratnam’s Ravan, followed by an Italian dinner
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Attaining closure on numerous fronts
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
34. What kept you sane?
Books, cheesecake and a few SOS phone calls
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
No one I can think of
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Most of them got me agitated for a few days
37. Who did you miss?
The best friend
38. Who was the best new person you met?
A. Have never met him in person but we talk often.
R. We met in person a few months ago.
39. Who was the worst new person you met?
40. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
That of being patient and grateful
41. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Wo to khwabon ki thi duniya / Wo kitaabon ki thi duniya / Saans mein they machalte hue zalzale aankh mein wo suhaana nasha tha