1. Favorite childhood book?
The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton
2. What are you reading right now?
The Story of My Assassins by Tarun Tejpal
3. Bad book habit?
Glossing over boring, long-winded text
4. Do you have an e-reader?
5. Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?
Avoid reading multiple books simultaneously, unless the book takes me a while to read. I then put it away for a bit and get on to something else.
6. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
7. Least favorite book you read this year (so far)?
Keep off the Grass by Karan Bajaj
8. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Window Seat by Janhavi Acharekar
9. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Not too often.
10. What is your reading comfort zone?
11. Can you read on the bus?
12. Favorite place to read?
On the parapet overlooking the window
13. What is your policy on book lending?
Only to folks who I know will handle it with care and remember to return it
14. Do you ever dog-ear books?
Never. Get extremely annoyed when people do
15. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
16. Not even with text books?
Only in college
17. What is your favorite language to read in?
18. What makes you love a book?
Characters and plot
19. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
What I remember of the book
20. Favorite genre?
Indian fiction / Literature
21. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
22. Favorite biography?
23. Have you ever read a self-help book?
24. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson
25. Favorite reading snack?
26. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga
27. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
Haven’t ever cared about it
28. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I’d rather be honest
29. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Bengali. (tis foreign enough for me)
30. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
31. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Any book by Somerset Maugham
32. Favorite Poet?
Never really cared much for poetry although I read a few stray poems here and there
33. Favorite fictional character?
Oliver Barrett IV
34. Favorite fictional villain?
No one comes to mind
35. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
The most recent purchase
36. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
A few weeks
37. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
1984 by George Orwell
38. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
39. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
Kite Runner / The Blue Umbrella (short story) / The Devil Wears Prada
40. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Nothing comes to mind
41. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Not too much. I usually buy only one or two books at a time.
42. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
I either want to read it or I don’t.
43. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
A dull and/or clichéd plot
44. Do you like to keep your books organized?
45. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
I used to want to keep them. Now I don’t mind giving them away, barring a few special titles
46. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
47. Name a book that made you angry.
Everybody Loves a Good Drought by P. Sainath
48. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
Catch 22. Loved it.
49. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
Family Matters by Rohinton Mistry
50. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
The Shopaholic series, The Devil Wears Prada, Danielle Steels