20 years ago I . . .
1. Insisted on mailing a letter to an aunt in Guna, using her nickname on the envelope
2. Read a chapter in a novel and a short story of the same title and was quite distressed as to how could that be possible. Was it even allowed was my thought
3. Got my first set of paints and the father helped me paint the tricolor
10 years ago I . . .
1. Got back home from boarding school after a six-year sojourn
2. Had my cell phone confiscated in Xavier’s for using it on campus
3. Met two visually-challenged individuals, who gave me immense hope and courage for five long years
Five years ago I . . .
1. Joined Crossword on a whim
2. Began applying to grad schools abroad
3. Travelled to Srinagar with friends from college
Three years ago I . . .
1. Reconnected with an old crush via Facebook and now we don’t stop arguing on most days
2. Discovered that coffee was a very bitter friend
3. Learned that I love winters, despite having to put on layers of clothing for protection
A year ago I . . .
1. Received four wedding invites, with two of those brides being younger than me. It served as a reality check of sorts.
2. Was miserable because the parents were contemplating an intra-city move
3. Found myself a job via Twitter
So far this year I . . .
1. Started writing this blog
2. Travelled to Darjeeling with the family and had the bestest time ever
3. Haven’t got drenched in the rain as yet
Yesterday I . . .
1. Wrote a blog-post on Kashmir
2. Emailed a friend for her birthday
3. Ransacked my book shelves while searching for a misplaced style-guide
Today I . . .
1. Overslept and then spent all morning being grumpy thanks to a bad hair day
2. Ranted to a friend about how people love to flaunt their ignorance
3. Promised myself that I would sleep at a reasonable time
Tomorrow I will . . .
1. Finish reading Connect the Dots by Rashmi Bansal
2. Call up a friend to fix weekend plans
3. Rummage through the mother’s collection for more reading matter
In the next year I will . . .
1. Continue writing on the blog on a daily basis
2. Learn to bake cheesecake. Found a recipe here.
3. Attempt to remedy those horrific dark circles beneath my eyes